AlgoForce E1500 - NEW PI DETECTOR FROM EX MINELAB ENGINEER

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A note about the new pulse delay options.

Using a 14x9" Advantage coil I have found that Pulse Delay 2 reduces the signal from small lead pellets by a lot. Difficult to measure, but I'd say it's about half. In Pulse Delay 3, the signal is gone entirely or almost gone (depending on size of course). With a smaller and/or flat wind coil you may still get some response, but you won't get them at any depth. So if you are investigating a likely looking area, but it appears as if someone has fired off a few too many shells, then you can ignore them with Pulse Delay 3. This will allow you to cover a lot more ground and dig the larger targets, and hopefully a nugget or two, and then decide your next move.

You could always achieve this by lowering your sensitivity, but then you are also reducing your depth on all targets. Mind you, the Sensitivity adjustment is quite forgiving, and you don't lose much until you turn it down really low.

Also, I had a little reminder on setting the threshold correctly. Last time I was out, I was in some medium mineralised ground, and this spot has produced some quite prickly gold in the past. So to squeak any targets out I really wanted to max my sensitivity (not just sensitivity control), so I chose a combination of Ultra Fine mode, low threshold, high volume, sensitivity 21, and a 9" Elite mono. This was handling the ground conditions ok, but was quite reactive to some of the hot rocks in the area. But, the main problem with my chosen settings was that the threshold was chattering due to having quite a stormy night and lots of fast moving cloud activity meaning EMI levels were quite high. Repeated Noise Cancels didn't reduce it, and lowering the sensitivity to 19 helped, but the chatter wasn't completely gone.

It then occurred to me I'd overlooked a basic tuning step - I'd simply turned my threshold down too low. I clicked it up two numbers and then so that it wasn't too loud, I reduced the volume by one, and the detector was humming again. A perfect example why if I no longer have analogue pots to adjust my settings, then I want many steps of digital adjustment to allow for such subtle changes.

Targets finds were quite slim with only 5 x junk targets found, but got one little bit of gold hiding under a charcoal layer.

Hi Nenad, thanks for that overview of adjusting your settings to suit the conditions. The Ultra fine setting is the one you want for those prickly bits for sure, but it also is more sensitive to the emi and hot rocks, so there is the Fine gold and even Normal to fall back to if all else fails to settle things down.
There has been some huge geomagnetic storms blasting off on the sun towards earth this month, so if you’re out there detecting and the emi is off the chart, you’ll know why.

Latest posts