4500 repairs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Minelab 4500 is about 16 years old now & I haven't used it for a long time. The insulation on wiring from head phones has perished and ear padding falling apart, and battery not holding charge. Is there a better sound system than the original? I was thinking about replacing batteries in the power source, Is that the way to go or is there a better way.

Nenad sells new batteries, not sure if he repacks the old battery with new 18650 lithium cells, there is a guy in Dunolly VIC Mick Mechanic that does the re pack he is on here as Mechanic I think

Mick also has the Busy B battery/wireless audio/built in amp combo also. Kill a few birds with 1 stone. Everything on his website says out of stock though, so not sure what is going on there.

Note, I've never used or seen a Busy B system but reviews are good.

Nenad sells new batteries, not sure if he repacks the old battery with new 18650 lithium cells, there is a guy in Dunolly VIC Mick Mechanic that does the re pack he is on here as Mechanic I think
Mine lab battery is $400.00 mick at dunolly i believe he can even make and re build them give him a phone call

Latest posts