⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos of some of the stones that have come from Sapphire Bend drew me back there yesterday to get a couple of buckets of wash to process. Unlike GI, no bombs in the wash, just wonderfully clear stones. :lol:

I will need to return to get some bigger ones as 1/2 a carat is only enough to wet the appetite. :p

1416475705_image.jpg

1416805133_img_20141124_145520686.jpg

some of the thai cut sapphs....look amazing to naked eye, slight imperfections in the cut under loupe though.
1416805153_img_20141124_145519645.jpg
some zircon/quartz....really love zircon cuts....they sparkle as good as diamond really amazing picture just doesn't do justice..
1416805171_img_20141124_145518585.jpg
electric blue topaz I bought as rough at gemfest. Turned out spectacular :)
All in all for about $2.50 per ct very happy with the first parcel but Yeh won't send big stones there.

Yep nice assortment. For my first batch back it just makes the gold fever dissipate and want to get back to diggin for gems :)

HeadsUp said:
Varts said:

Varts I would love to sit and watch how you work for these , I know stuff all about gems and I would hate to think how many I have walked over or left discarded in my tailings

Let me know if I can dig for you one day and watch how its done

Depending on where you have been digging, might have missed heaps, you probably don't want to know. :) Always welcome to come for a dig with us sometime around the Oberon area. Hopefully will get out after next weekend sometime for day trip or overnighter.

It's pretty easy, only thing is all pebbles start looking Blue after a few hours. :)

I just look at the creek like a big Wal banker :lol:
Dig in the riffles on the inside bends
A can of some type of alcohol before you get in the water :eek: ,the leaches don't like this ,they still get on,but after they taste the blood they seem to drop straight off!

My trips out these days are very unplanned,with work and my kids and there sports.so if work gets rained out ,I take off for a few hours to fix the addiction.the stones in the last pic cost 3 hrs drive 4 hrs dig and 3 hr trip back home,
Headset, if you see a dual cab white hilux with some with a green esky in the back around GG or sapphire bend I would be more than happy to dig with you mate ,pm if your out these areas

color and shape define the worth of a gemstone.. read AGI NewYork for diamond color and shape education.

Great finds everyone, seeing all of these definitely has the enthusiasm pumping. Hopefully soon I'll be able to contribute :)

Latest posts