Have you ever.....................?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Washed your car, placed a pan under the mud flaps and panned the mud hung up in the wheel arches and mud flaps and found gold?

I did yesterday and found 1 tiny speck, which was interesting because that mud came from Barrington Tops.

You know you've got problems when you resort to this type of "hit" !

Now if Wal could only design a Highbanker that attaches to your wheel arches to capture all the puddle gold. :lol:

Retirement Stone said:
Washed your car, placed a pan under the mud flaps and panned the mud hung up in the wheel arches and mud flaps and found gold?

I did yesterday and found 1 tiny speck, which was interesting because that mud came from Barrington Tops.

Now if Wal could only design a Highbanker that attaches to your wheel arches to capture all the puddle gold. :lol:

yep - panned the sand caught in my joggers once after being at Oallen ford doing a bit of highbanking and found a few specs

Retirement Stone said:

You could attach some miners moss to the inside of the mud flaps! :D

Last trip I hosed about 20kg of cow crap out from under my wheel arches, was great for the lawn. Always finding myself picking stones out of my tyres hoping they are Sapphires.

Sieved and then dumped the sievings next to you to check later, started panning, glance sideways to find this sitting in 2 inches of water after sliding down a smooth rock without getting swept away by the current.

Forgive me fellow prospectors as I have stooped to a new low..
1434620539_image.jpg

Took about 5 minutes for half a supersluice pan worth, clay was nasty pinky colour-
Unfortunately no show of colour lol

Is there nicotine in gold??? :D

Reeks said:
Took about 5 minutes for half a supersluice pan worth, clay was nasty pinky colour-

Not sure bout that Reeks, but, there is much humour in that post for me!!!! :D :D

How many people are going to try that now?

1 at least! ;) :D

Cheers,
Billy.

Reeks said:

Now only if you let the cat use it first there would have been plenty of nugs. :D Ewwwwww.

Yeah I'd say you really need to get out for a weekend too mate............ :lol:

I was waiting for the nugget comment, well done Heatho
Yes fellas, living on the central coast away from the gold makes a guy crazy.

Does anyone know of a place where a mixture of saltwater fishing and prospecting can be done within close range of eachother?
An early morning session for snapper then a arvo detecting nugs would be paradise
I'll start packing now

Hey Reeks, get over here to Ballarat and you can have gold and trout in the one day! Slightly colder that where you're at though :lol: :lol:

Reeks said:
An early morning session for snapper then a arvo detecting nugs would be paradise
I'll start packing now

There is a report of a spot a couple of hours North from you mate, would love to check it out one day, in national park of course but.... could just have a looook....... :)

I have thought of doing this heaps of times and never actually done it. I took a pan of gravel from a track and panned it out and got a few specs, that's what got me thinking...
Next time out I might have to give it a go.

My son did his first apprenticeship as a motor rewinder and had to clean and service giant sludge pumps from the cadia gold mine. After pressure cleaning them the bund contents were panned off for a very tidy return of very fine gold on a number of occasions. He now is an electrician at cadia.

I have also heard of people panning out the scrapings from crevices in the stone gutters in Gulgong and finding more then a few specks.
So if any of you guys are desperate try crevicing out the footpaths and silt traps in your CBD streets and you should get a couple diamonds and gold earring studs etc.

If you are really desperate for a fix , take off the S bends on any sinks where you may have cleaned gold. I did, looking for a lost nugget and found three and some little bits. My brother weighs his gold in the front seat of his rig. When he sold the car he detailed it and removed the tattered seat cover that had been on for a few years and found 4 nuggets under it

sought of related.... My washing machine stopped working and I discovered after having it a year it had a filter. I cleaned the tightly packed lint out of the filter and a heap of BB's and a nuggie fell out. A product of forgetting to take a gold bottle detecting.

Cheers RDD

That's about the right trash to gold ratio as well red dirt digger, well done :lol: :lol:

Latest posts