Yesterday's Hunting Netherlands

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday i found again a nice coin from the golden age in the area where i also found a bronze age axe! This time its a 1/4 'philips daalder' from 1623? A few years ago i found also an one 'philips daalder' from 1683. Hopefully i can find some more! The coin is from Belgium Brussel Brabant. This is why i hunt with a metaldetector :)

Img_1913.jpg

Img_1914.jpg

Greets,

Christian

That coin is older than anything that we are likely to find here in Oz (apart from Chinese coins), a lovely find Christian. :eek:

Thanks!

If your interested i could post everything that i find from now on?! Im searching for over the 20 years now, waterhunting, fieldhunting and ww2. I dont search that mutch anymore for ww2. After we found and digged up a BF109 my friend moved to a another city here in the Netherlands. Sins then i do not dig that mutch more on ww2. Im digging more on old coins now and waterhunting in small waters. The oldest coins i found are from around 80aC. The most coins i found here are from the 1850's the 1600 coins are rare here and older is just having luck i think :) If i find my locker keys back that my daughter hide somewhere i can make some photo's of what i have found in the last few years.

Another question, dont you find any sterling or gold coins from China!? I found some Chinese coins here but there all cupper/bronze. I always throw the cupper coins away or give them away. There not or almost not readeble anymore. On a good day i find about 20-30 cupper coins and 1 or 2 silvers. But thats just the usual coins 10ct 25ct's etc.

Greets,

Christian

Here are some finds that i made the last few years. Most of the finds i have done are all from the same area, some finds are from the south of the Netherlands. Following are some coins i found at my home place:

Img_1932.jpg

Img_1933.jpg

Img_1934.jpg

Img_1935.jpg

Img_1936.jpg

Img_1937.jpg

Img_1938.jpg

Img_1939.jpg

The coin that i talked about above! A 'Philips Daaler' that i found at the same place as the last coin!
Img_1940.jpg

Some of the gold finds what i found in the fields and in the water.
Img_1941.jpg

Some finds i still need to order and some coins i still need to put in the holders :) sometimes im a bit too lazy :)
Img_1942.jpg

Some Roman finds i found in the souther Netherlands. Also finding Roman in the Netherlands is rare.
Img_1944.jpg

Some Roman pottery. Love to take them with mee when i am hunting :)
Img_1945.jpg

Img_1946.jpg

Hopefully manny more finds to find :) In October we can search again on the fields, now we are hunting betwean the cows on the grass. But a acker is the best!

Greetings,

Christian

Hi Christian ,
Loved looking at your finds , excellent collection . Just shows how young Australia is with our early history and settlement . Pleased to have you posting on the forum keep it up . Tell us about your detector or detectors and other equipment .

Cheers
goldrat

Thnx!

If i lived in oz i didnt hunt for the old, but for the gold :) dont you find anything from the Chineese!? exept coins?! We also find stone age art effects and also prehistotic finds like sea urchins and sometimes fossilized bones. And mammoth bones, i didnt find them yet but if i see them i take it with me :) if i can :D

Greets,

Christian

Wow :eek: amazing :cool:

What a great collection Christian, those massive silver coins must send you into a happy dance when they pop out of the ground.

Can I ask if this is a sword hilt and what it is made from
1470434517_image.jpg

We have lots of bronze Chineese coins from the gold rush days, a lot were sewn into the hems of clothing for luck and lost as the garments wore out. I am yet to find a precious metal type of Chineese coin, I suspect most Chineese came here with exporting gold on their mind. Good question, if anyone has found one I would love to see one.

Hi Wally,

I know it is athena/minerva But how old it is dont know, it could be roman but i dont think it is maybe its neo classic. It could be from a sword or a dagger! Didnt thougth abaut that! Material is bronze.

About the Chineese they did some greath digging in oz with picking up all the small gold! But didnt know they had coins for luck :) the romans did but the Chineese?

You should find some silver then!!!

Christian

Ps massive silver is dancing! :D i still love to find them but its time for some gold again!!! Then its dancing with tears :D

Hello Goldrat,

I have two XP Deus detectors and i love my British shovel :D i have a Minelab pinpointer and thats it :) Oh i forget one, a Whites TM808 deepseeker. I use a small aomega drive bag for my finds and woolen socks ;) for my boots! Maybe im going to hunt tomorrow if the grass is not to high.

Greets,

Christian