Today's unexpected loot.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The title of this topic keeps becoming more relevant. Decided to try a park down the road from where I've found all my pre decimal coins on this page and it was ok I guess... All of the gold coins came from it (and one lonely penny), but those aren't really too exciting are they? So I walked back to the park that consistently produced pre decimals hoping I missed a spot and boy did I. The spot where the coins came from today was literally the only spot I hadn't tried and I wasn't even going to, why? Because the ground in this spot is like a rock. Only reason I stayed there was because today I was digging almost everything and when I was walking through an 82 signal popped up at 2 inches deep and my immediate thoughts were that it was a bottle top. I was so surprised to see a sixpence fly out of the ground, for about 10 seconds I was in shock just wondering how its so shallow. I assume its because of how hard the ground is but luckily for me this was a recurring trend. From this little spot of rock hard ground which would be no bigger than 5m squared I found 11 Pre decimal coins, 4 of which being silver and the best part is that all of them were just under the surface, certainly something I've never come across. As for the future of this park I'm uncertain (been over it so many times), but we'll just have to see.

Dates on pennies: 1911, 1945, 1947 and 1952 x2. Dates on halfs: 1922, 1943 and 1950. Dates on sixpences: 1940, 1943, 1944 and the threepence was 1947. :D
1439275234_coin_ball.jpg

1439275234_pre_decimals.jpg

Good one Riley,... what do we have,... I think we are calling that a straight 6d down,.. you just needed the shilling and florin on the same hunt as well to get a Full house. :) ,... I sometimes find PD sunbakers(that's really shallow),... great hunting to chase them down,.. you must be getting a good collection happening now. ;)

Great hunt Riley, with that many pre-decs lying around, there's sure to be more. Just shows that you can never discount an area as being totally cleaned out. :)

Latest posts