The Best Coin/Relic Machines

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave's Office

Have Detector Will Travel
Reaction score
I've just had a call from a mate asking me what I know about the Minelab Equinox 900 Detector. He's keen to buy a machine and get into beach detecting, but as I know nothing about it I thought I'd ask the experienced users which machines are the best for relic and coin hunting. Cheers from Dave.

Hi Dave, the coin and relic market is awash with great multi frequency detectors. The Nox 800/900 is a proven performer as are the Nokta Legend and XP Deus I andI II . They all have very similar performance, so things like price, durability, ergonomics and features should be factored in to any purchasing decision .
There are lower spec models from both Minelab and Nokta which can get you started for a reduced outlay too. Plenty of choice out there.
From my personal perspective, I believe of the three that I’ve mentioned, the Nokta Legend stands out as being the best value for money and durable waterproof machine you will find. Although it’s user interface can be a challenge for newbies.
A good tip on buying for the first time is to look for package deals on offer as the competition for sales is pretty high.

Hi Dave, the coin and relic market is awash with great multi frequency detectors. The Nox 800/900 is a proven performer as are the Nokta Legend and XP Deus I andI II . They all have very similar performance, so things like price, durability, ergonomics and features should be factored in to any purchasing decision .
There are lower spec models from both Minelab and Nokta which can get you started for a reduced outlay too. Plenty of choice out there.
From my personal perspective, I believe of the three that I’ve mentioned, the Nokta Legend stands out as being the best value for money and durable waterproof machine you will find. Although it’s user interface can be a challenge for newbies.
A good tip on buying for the first time is to look for package deals on offer as the competition for sales is pretty high.
Thanks Ozzie, I've told the guy to get on to PA and research the info available here including your reply. Cheers from Dave