Team Bogan 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since SA has been having some good storms lately ... Team Bogan got the band back together and headed down to the beach for a look and a swing. I was a bit disappointed to find the metro beaches didn't fair too badly and there was more rubbish washed up on the beach than erosion but we did the best we could. The below is from three hunts ... I am only displaying the good stuff ... Left out the clad and other oddities as well as the junk which there was lots. (And the Head brand tennis racket that needs to be restrung which was a sunbaker)

CE8E3406-D8E6-4DC4-8D0F-551C9CBEC8AC_zpsrlhnf8hz.jpg

The silver count was 8 florins, 7 shillings, 6 sixpence and 9.5 three pence. A few junker rings ... The third one had SA Bogan going for a minute ... But he did end up finding a small 9ct gold ring ...

8FC2F090-3C4E-4B4E-873B-5B4C9C762602_zpsxngjcssg.jpg

3F3F9450-749C-44DF-B528-30F6813D5405_zpsry2h7z1d.jpg

Gold baby!

1F22B009-0810-4342-A452-0598BEB381F7_zpsmhrhxaco.jpg

Most of the silver, being beach coins, are pretty fried but one 90% silver florin looked okay so I cleaned it ... Apparently a key date

1BFE5AF0-139B-472F-9FAA-CC7393A45B69_zpstddsdtcx.jpg

A61C8FE6-BBEF-4BF8-A635-DB55EF3BF737_zpsqs9r5xx7.jpg

All in all a bit of fun but not the storm that rips all the sand off the beach ... There is always next week! ;)

Oh rocket!

The history of gold dates back to 30 million years ago when it was formed deep inside the earth. hahahaha!

PS it like detecting $50 notes at the beach or local park! Except for us we have to drive 4 hours to get to that park!

Cheers

RS

Retirement Stone said:
Oh rocket!

The history of gold dates back to 30 million years ago when it was formed deep inside the earth. hahahaha!

PS it like detecting $50 notes at the beach or local park! Except for us we have to drive 4 hours to get to that park!

Cheers

RS

That reminds me of the time my Mrs did some gardening and wanted to show me her work... We both stood there gazing at the new flowers and I gave her a big hug for a job well done. As I embraced her I was looking over her shoulder and saw something fluttering between the bushes on the nature strip ... Walked over and plucked the $50 bill and said "really good job love ... You didn't have to pay me to come and look!" Best sunbaker to find without a detector!

I was thinking of you guys with all the weather we have been having, I really thought conditions would have been excellent for some good gold finds. Never can tell whether conditions lead to sand being lumped onto the beach or eroded away (or a ton of seaweed), might have a fair bit to do with the direction of the prevailing winds.

At least you had a good haul on the predecimals Paul, still would have been a fun outing. :)