South Oz Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks I'm new to this gold fossicking game. Have a few spare hours a day as I get older and work less. I'm just a casual worker anyway. Since it is quite often too windy to go fishing I needed another hobby. Have been to the legal places in SA and did a trip to Tibooburra recently. It took 4 days to tune my ears and on the last day I found a 1.07 gm plus 4 bits. I like to travel and figured swinging a detector in new places is the go. Hopefully as I travel I will have positive reports to share. Cheers Cobalt.

Hi Folks I'm new to this gold fossicking game. Have a few spare hours a day as I get older and work less. I'm just a casual worker anyway. Since it is quite often too windy to go fishing I needed another hobby. Have been to the legal places in SA and did a trip to Tibooburra recently. It took 4 days to tune my ears and on the last day I found a 1.07 gm plus 4 bits. I like to travel and figured swinging a detector in new places is the go. Hopefully as I travel I will have positive reports to share. Cheers Cobalt.
Huh!? So is it windy always blowing the wrong direction for you?
Sorry but im not buying that. I have mates in SA that are mad fishos. Just like anywhere in Oz it blows onshore, offshore any direction!
Maybe you need to understand the wind direction for fishing because its the same for every state in OZ.
Hearing that.... yes you are fishing....but I can't help but think you are playing people here for fools and places.