Some Loot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1010014_zps6ngq7sz4.jpg
P1010016_zps6imlakdd.jpg
P1010013_zpskdday6w2.jpg
P1010012_zpsxvm0ytmj.jpg
P1010011_zpsziisqul1.jpg
P1010010_zpsbu44pdo2.jpg
P1010009_zpsvmecynxn.jpg
P1010008_zpsvahw0gfu.jpg
P1010007_zps60fwlbks.jpg

I hope this works. :)

Bottom photo is of a hunt I did to one of my favourite military sites. I unearthed a coin from Lebenon dated 1940, 5piastres. The other photos are about 75 percent of my finds overall. The oldest coin 1907 sixpence, oldest shilling 1911, I found an 1852 sixpence at the Palmer River but gave it to George from The Miners Den in Cairns for his display. In all there is about 50 hours of enjoyment on the table. I hope you enjoy. I would be happy to share some of my spots if anyone is keen. You just need a boat to get there. Cheers, Rick PS not sure what the little coat of arms is about there is no detail on the other side.

Nice picks K57, I like them all( a lot), I'd think the coat of arms would be war art(I think they call that sort of thing), If its not the same size as the sixpence centre then I'd say it's from an old shilling,... they probably ground down the rear side before making the cut around it all(nice job of it),... that one is definitely Australian history(don't sell it at all), same with your Australian commonwealth rising sun hat badges, rarer than you might think. Good lot of coins and rings you've found as well,... Nice Job.

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Enjoy - what an understatement :cool: nice work

Coat of arms looks like trench art fashioned from a shilling

Trench art, that's the word I was looking for wally,... you had the punch line mate.

WOW ...
Very good Kemjak :D
Tell us the truth ... You did it deliberate ,to build the suspense.... dint you?
It was certainly worth the wait ;)

Sandta said:
WOW ...
Very good Kemjak :D
Tell us the truth ... You did it deliberate ,to build the suspense.... dint you?
It was certainly worth the wait ;)
I still don't know how to do it. I interrupted my sons nursing assignment and pestered him to do it for me. :lol:
Don't delete it now Ramjet, I might slip a cog if that happened :lol.
It has been pretty rewarding to find this stuff, mostly found with an old Explorer SE all taped up from the plastic hardening and going brittle. It is a great machine though.

silver said:
I've been following your stuff Silver very impressive. I've got a way to go to catch you. The thrill is more in the chase for me. I don't display my stuff. I thought about my options as to what I should do with it all. I am going to get one of the new minelab treasure detectors so I might see if I can hock some of it off to help pay for it. Cheers, rick

Latest posts