Sieves

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay .
Started with 10" PVC , cut 50 mm and 30 mm rings . Set up router to cut a bit over half the thickness , from the inside of 1 ring and about 8 to 10 mm deep on the corresponding piece . to allow for the mesh size . Bit of flexibility in the size .
Get the pieces to fit easily . Then I used a piece of ply , cut to fit inside the pipe work and pack to get the height of the mesh in the lower piece ( 30 mm bit ) .
Press the top down onto the mesh to get a cutting line around the outside of the pvc . For 250 and 200 mesh I trimmed it after the glue had set . .
When you have the mesh ready Fill the bottom grove and top groove with Sikaflex or similar , place the mesh and apply some weight then wait to dry .
Does that help ?

Sorry for the delay .
Started with 10" PVC , cut 50 mm and 30 mm rings . Set up router to cut a bit over half the thickness , from the inside of 1 ring and about 8 to 10 mm deep on the corresponding piece . to allow for the mesh size . Bit of flexibility in the size .
Get the pieces to fit easily . Then I used a piece of ply , cut to fit inside the pipe work and pack to get the height of the mesh in the lower piece ( 30 mm bit ) .
Press the top down onto the mesh to get a cutting line around the outside of the pvc . For 250 and 200 mesh I trimmed it after the glue had set . .
When you have the mesh ready Fill the bottom grove and top groove with Sikaflex or similar , place the mesh and apply some weight then wait to dry .
Does that help ?
Thanks Zippo. Where did you buy the mesh?

Latest posts