Recommend The Best Gold Detector Please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody, newbie here :D

I am looking to purchase *at least* 1-2 Gold detectors, I would like to know what the best detectors are and where to purchase from!
I will also need specs as I am new to this and it will be as a group. Please no judgement.
I have been doing some research as to permits, laws, tools required etc, but am having no luck understanding what the specs are for a good detector....

Please, somebody help me understand :lol: :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel:

Hi and welcome. 1 or 2 detectors. First question would be your location or locations you wish to detect. Dont need your exact location just general i.e Golden Triangle or West Aust.

Personally if I had the money, permission and shoulder was good. I would buy a GPZ 7000 but at nearly 10k top end.
Or I would get the GPX 4500 or GPX 5000 with an evolution coil ranging from $3500 - $5500 plus coil. These will pick up both small and large.
Or the SDC 2300 at $3700 if focusing on smaller gold.

Really depends on what you are searching for and your budget. Your call

Cheers

HH

goodaye newbie Loz300314
you might open a can of worms with that question. Obviously depends on your budget & goals, ie, gold, relic, coin, beach, etc
Drop an intro & your quest into the "Introduce Yourself" & you are sure to get suggestions
DED

Hi Loz and welcome aboard.

I think the best detector is a proven one that finds gold. Look for one that has a proven record (just Google it or search here on forum)

I started with a Minelab Sd2200d 20 years + old machine but punches as deep.as the latest 10k model. There is a downside to old tech and that its a long and slow learning curve. But hey the gold been sitting there for a few million years what's one or two more gunna hurt while you improve your skills.