Oallen Ford NSW ? ? What’s going on

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Every One
Was out at the Oallen Ford recently
It’s Crowned Land on the banks of the Shoalhaven river
I know that like every were else there are rat bags making a mess leaving all there rubbish behind & racing around the area on bikes & 4wd
The Signs have been updated + installing new barriers as well
It looks like they are going to close off access from the road so no one can use it ( Not Happy )
so it seems Some One or Company has taken out a tenet/lease on the area ? Or the Crown lands is closing off ?

Any thorough ?

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    634.7 KB
From what I've been able to find out these rules have been in place for some time & aren't just recent.
The "updated" signage was installed after the previous signage was illegally removed by some person/people. The only update is the "Fossicking Without a Permit" part of the sign.
NSW Crown Lands began enforcing the requirement to have a Fossicking Permit a few years ago, so that's not new or caused by any sort of tenure.
The only tenure is an Exploration Licence (EL9129) which has been in place since 2021. As the area is in a Fossicking District no permission from the EL holder (Hi Quality Quarry (NSW) Pty. Ltd.) is required but other permissions from the land manager still apply.
Best bet is get a free Temporary Fossicking Permit from NSW Crown Lands, follow the NSW Guidelines & get out there + enjoy.

Last edited:
To get a Temporary Fossicking Permit contact the NSW Crown Lands Goulburn office (be aware they are currently experiencing high numbers of requests due to the new sign so it may take awhile).
Email: [email protected]
Let them know where you want to fossick I.e.
Oallen Ford,
Oallen Ford Rd Shoalhaven River Crossing,
 Lot 7006 DP 1084849, Lot 7003 DP 1084848, Lot 7002 DP1084848,
Screenshot_20241008_172638_Samsung Internet.jpg
https://minview.geoscience.nsw.gov.....5&z=7&bm=bm3&l=at2:n:100,ad6:y:100,ad1:y:100

You could ask about the Crown Land across the river or nearby too but previously a lot was under lease & no permission granted. Not sure if the status has changed or not.

You will be OK if you have a fossicking permit.
Thanks
Yes will be getting one soon
I was looking in past topic & it seems to be a thing that come up every few years. Not much done by crown lands, apart from fencing & signage
A lot of people use the area as over night or longer camping
Thanks every one h who helped out

Latest posts