Not the Leeuwin!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoever was piloting the container ship is gonna have to answer some searching questions in the immediate future. There's ample room in that area and there were tugs for assistance - it's mind-boggling that they couldn't control the vessel.

News is that extreme weather including gale force winds pushed it sideways. My question is why would you park the Leeuwin there in the first place. Mackka

News is that extreme weather including gale force winds pushed it sideways. My question is why would you park the Leeuwin there in the first place. Mackka
It's a mooring that's almost adjacent to the WA Maritime Museum, so lots of tourists can conveniently view both during one visit. I was down there myself with a house-guest from the Eastern States only a month ago and we had a good look at the Leeuwin from dockside. They had some young people high up on one of the masts, learning the basics of sail handling - it made me dizzy just watching them! Normally, commercial shipping goes past in the channel with plenty of room to spare.

Last edited:

Latest posts