Newbie to the group

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using the handle Teddy48 because I am an old fart of that vintage. I am about to head into the WA outback around Mt Magnet and Sandstone on the way to Kalgoorlie and looking for tips, directions and help for me to get started with detecting prospecting. I have my local Miners Right from the govmt, now I need to know where to try, if anyone would be so kind as to help, please. Hope to hear from someone soon. :goldpan:

Welcome mate.
A trip into your local prospecting shop or stay at the local caravan park for a few nights, spending a few dollars locally can bring big rewards from experience mate?!

Hi mate welcome aboard the site. Unfortunately I can't give you tips on the WA gold fields as I've never been there , however detector principles apply everywhere.
Take you time
Don't get frustrated if you cant find gold ( it's not easy)
Swing low and slow, and be prepared to dig 1000 bullets and bottle tops old bits of steel
Watch out for snakes and shaft holes, yes they both hide in the bush
Be prepared for emergency , first aid kit.
Know your surroundings as you can get lost pretty quick, look up every now and then to get your bearings.
The list goes on but once you get gold fever it's all worth it!
Skip