NE Vic - Thanks in advance!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone,

Total newcomer here but really looking forward to getting into detecting. I did have a machine almost 15yrs ago but ended up selling as I never used it. Things have changed and the lovely wife suggested a detector might be a good birthday present so here I am..! My young bloke is also getting a little excited watching some YouTube vids and really looking forward to it.

So I'm on a big learning curve at the moment and that's why I say thanks in advance as it looks like a lot of knowledge here and more than willing to share. I've got a GPX4500, all standard coils at the moment while I get to understand things and how they work, and then operate it correctly.

Cheers,

Chocko :D

Hi Chock the 45 is a top machine and should serve you well.
Try research on the area of interests, study the old maps, read up on the area's history.
Gold is hard to find, every bit of information helps.

Out of interest where abouts are you from?
I'm in Sydney but travel to Albury a fair bit and have some knowledge of Beechworth and surrounds. If I've got the time I'd be happy to show you what to look for.

Skip