Latest finds over the last couple of outings......

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not a great deal to show off....but I still like it all the same!

Chris
1431249247_20150503_121212.jpg

Hey Chris,

I think that's its exceptional.

Just the age of these coins and still in good condition.

Anyone born the year that coin hit the streets is more than likely moved on.

Coins out live people by far, people are so perishable compared to coins. A weird way of looking at the world but there you have it.

Keep the pics coming.

RS

I agree....it was just a quick look at a place with my 4 year old in tow. He is my good luck, found first gold with him and now this coin my oldest to date. I get more of a thrill out of this than I did riding dirt bikes! My other button from around 1850 still amazes me!
Retirement Stone said:
Hey Chris,

I think that's its exceptional.

Just the age of these coins and still in good condition.

Anyone born the year that coin hit the streets is more than likely moved on.

Coins out live people by far, people are so perishable compared to coins. A weird way of looking at the world but there you have it.

Keep the pics coming.

RS

Had a good win this morning.....1919 One Penny (very corroded this time) and 1936 Threepence, oh and a very old gold ring. The ring looked like old junk very dirty, looked like aluminium or similar. Put it in the pocket like all things and cleaned it up once home. What a nice surprise, to see gold beneath all the mess! However, spent a lot of the morning filling in holes that someone who decided they are above filling in holes had left. Sure is one way to get us banned.

The Nugget said:
Had a good win this morning.....1919 One Penny (very corroded this time) and 1936 Threepence, oh and a very old gold ring. The ring looked like old junk very dirty, looked like aluminium or similar. Put it in the pocket like all things and cleaned it up once home. What a nice surprise, to see gold beneath all the mess! However, spent a lot of the morning filling in holes that someone who decided they are above filling in holes had left. Sure is one way to get us banned.

Where are our pics??????? :D

Latest posts