Last 3 night time low tides , same beach and location with the ctx3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Plenty of coins , no silvers except a couple of sterling rings , can't tell what some coins are , fairly encrusted, might be a a silver ingot but I don't think it is - been in the water a long time as a lot of calcium build up , it showed the same number as the silver 925 rings. Also a ring for contender of the fugliest ring. Any suggestions on how to clean the coins and the encrusted metal piece would be great. I used baking soda but not really went well.

1465733705_image.jpg

1465733760_image.jpg

1465733802_image.jpg

If you run your crusty ones under the coil again you will get high tones (or numbers) if they are silvers, that way you can check the 5s 10s & 20s easily, the 1c are thinner if they are thrippys, although a heavily crusted thrippy can look as thick as a 1c, good thing is that ruining a 1c is no great loss. ;)

Don't mix metal types, and don't overlay any on top of each other, don't use different metal types in the empty solution afterwards (strange things can happen). 8)

Well done Danny, probably plenty of coins to left still to be found. I'd be hitting the sand every night (within reason) before it gets sanded in again. ;)

Went out last night in the wind and rain like a mad bugger, pickied up mainly goldies and a strange intricate Jewlery plus the usual encrusted small coins last night

A couple of crusty rings , one came in at 1231 on the lcd display and the other in at 1246 , in the wave zone heavily encrusted so the clr should come in handy . Now waiting on the next east Coast low which should be by the weekend , hope it forms just offshore near here , we Queenslanders need way more beach erosion than you southerners :)

Scoring fuel money there Dan , :D
.. like the look of that 50c, that's a keeper ! :p

Look forward to finding some silver , silver:) and some old pennies. I don't know the law in Queensland on finding weapons , it is a nice looking blade but might have to hand into police.will see how the jewelry turns out in the clr

Just hand it in as a find, and tell them you'd like it if not claimed within the 3 months, if it's a prohibited weapon they'll soon let you know about it. ;)

Hopefully Chinese tourists = dropped Chinese gold jewellery, wishful thinking maybe. Got one of those 50c coins from circulation the other day, not a bad looking coin and definitely a keeper. Would be even better if it were silver. ;)