Hi from Melton

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son, 19, recently bought himself a Minelab Goldmaster 1000.

We are avid ant collectors, yes ants, and always seem to find ourselves exploring areas that seem to be good for gold also.

So after a fair bit of research, lots of googling, and dusting off my old coin/relic hunter we have begun to explore our ant locations.

So far, just bullets, casings, lumps of rusted steel and some hot rocks but we are having a great time, and I've even managed to find some cool ants!!

We can't wait for our next expedition, and i am looking forward to purchasing a gold machine of my own.

Read a story about a road (dirt) being closed because of a special type of bee burrowing into the ground after mating and then read about a new species of ant in New York, aptly named ManHatt- ant which was only recently discovered. An amazing insect world and welcome to the forum.

Read a story about a road (dirt) being closed because of a special type of bee burrowing into the ground after mating and then read about a new species of ant in New York, aptly named ManHatt- ant which was only recently discovered. An amazing insect world and welcome to the forum.
Yeah stuff like that happens from time to time.

We have a couple of ants being tested to see if they are different species, and if they are then one is an undescribed/new species of bull ant... pretty cool

Latest posts