Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, we are a family of 3 :)looking to perhaps start gold prospecting during school holidays. We have stumbled across this website. Congratulations, it looks fantastic with many threads. My three teenage kids have shown some interest in going out and to explore. We are based in Essendon and would like to hear any advice or feedback on how and where to start (perhaps around an hour away if any). We did purchase a minilab x terra voyager. We have no idea how good it is, but it was suggested it's a good start of detector. I did say to the kids, that its not as easy as it seems and looks like on shows that are on. 🤣 And lastly, we are North Melbourne Kangaroos supporters, so we need all the help we can get . Thanks guys 😆😂

We did purchase a minilab x terra voyager.
From my limited knowledge the xTerra isn't a gold finding machine. That doesn't mean you cannot find gold with it though.

The Xterra is more a treasure / relic / coin hunting machine. This type of detecting can generate a lot of fun. The up side is that you don't have to head out to gold prospecting territory to use it. There's a very good chance you can find some quite old pre-decimal coins buried in your verge or local park.

Latest posts