Hello from Withcott QLD!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks I'm Brad, I work as anaesthetic technician at the local public hospital and have a gold mad 12yo. I've stumbled onto this place while researching new areas and nearly died of shock at an active forum!

Lost count of how many automotive forums I was on over the years, only one left is performanceforums. Absolutely love forums, hate facebook groups. All the good info is just lost to oblivion hidden away from the Google algorithms! No more!

My family hit Victoria for our first gold trip last year, armed with a gold monster and not much else. I'd booked in for a lesson With a fella named Matt who had a good reputation on some of the Facebook groups I use. Money well spent, found a half dozen bits during the lesson so the monkey was off the back. Quickly discovered 1 detector can't entertain 3 of us and my wife lost interest. Now it's just my son. We've been doing 7-10 day trips to Nundle, dalmorton, drake and Bingara and have picked up bits of colour at all in our little sluice.

I'm upto 0.15 grams now 😂 young bloke wants to sell it 😂

Rarely get to put in any significant time at the creek as the boy either gets hungry bored or both. First solo trip next month, still undecided where. I loved dalmorton as I can sluice right out front of my camp. I'm not not 100% sure that's legal so I'm hesitant to go back. Time will tell!

Looking forward to being a part of this community and learning more. Can't wait to troll the archives here.

Latest posts