Hand Held GPS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls. Due to my acute inability to master anything electronic I am selling my GPS which is a Garmin GPS map62. I have had it for a couple of years but have not used it for any navigational activities. I really have no need for it so it is for sale. I would like to get $170.00 including postage to Australia only. PM me if you are interested. Cheers Rick

Gday Rick i have been thinking of adding a GPS to my kit, IPhones just don't cut it :/
I don't know a lot about them though, can you put longitude and latitude co ordinates into your GPS and make your way to that point? I have long and lat co ordinates of ghost towns in my area and would like to be able to visit these old towns, hopefully a GPS will do what i want it too :)
Rod

G'day Rodstar, you can set "waypoints" which is what you are talking about. I had my gps upgraded with Ozwide maps a little while ago. When you are in an area you can press a POI menu [places of interest] and it will show you any known things such as mines, buildings etc.and give you distances from your position. It is quite a good little unit but as I said I have no idea how to utilise it properly. You can google them and probably find out a bit more if you need. Cheers, Rick

Hey rick will do some research on them, really looking for something that can find the long and lat. dont think putting a waypoint is the same thing.
cheers
rod

Rodstar, I lived in Townsville for about 13 years. I lived near the crematorium and across the railway line from our house there were a lot of fox holes dug into the side of the hill and bits and pieces of war time relics were scattered everywhere. I know there were American soldiers out there and I know there were places there where they were camped in the back of some of the hills. I used to chase pigs around where I lived and would come across quite a bit of stuff. I wasn't into collecting relics then but I am sure there would be plenty around there. If you are interested in having a look around I lived on Coast Road No. 18 and the area was across the rail line from that house but covered a lot of country.

Thanks Rick I will have a bit of scout over the weekend if i get a chance. Are you interested in coming down one weekend and having a look ?

That's not a bad idea. I have got myself interested now that I have remembered the places down there. The rest of this year is a bit up in the air work wise so I'm not too sure how I would go but I will keep in touch if I can do something. Cheers

Hey rick I'm new to the forum and about to start my prospecting adventures. Your gps unit would be a help for a few things does it come In the box with manual and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts