Wanted Gpx 4500 SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most took their 5000s back as they still prefered their old 4500s as they can go down 2ft into the ground
The 5000 has all the settings of the 4500 plus more especially the Fine Gold setting which a lot of people prefer due to diminishing shallow nugget supplies following years of detecting.
It still has the same settings for depth available as the 4500 if people would choose to use them but most don’t instead find more success with the fine gold setting.
Have had both and as far as depth using the same settings, I don’t think I could tell and am still waiting for definitive proof rather than opinions as to which goes the deeper.
Buying a secondhand machine now, you are more likely to find a much newer 5000 rather than a 4500 the last of which would have been made more than a decade ago now.
Despite now having a 6000, I definitely didn’t take my 5000 back and have also hung on to my 5000 for depth, range of coils size availability, and smoothness.

Most took their 5000s back as they still prefered their old 4500s as they can go down 2ft into the ground
An old wives tale?
I think it was more like a staunch few (whom always jump ship last) held onto the 4500 claiming better performance.
Having owned both I'd say they are both great detectors & not much between them. If anything you can run a 5000 like a 4500 but you can't use the 5000's Fine Gold timing on a 4500.

Gumtree was good to me.
Just picked up a 4500 with a bunch of evo coils $2800 delivered.
It one of the first versions in amazing condition.
Woody posted about these recently about how stable they are compared to the 5000 on the youtubes.

Latest posts