CTX Splenda

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1432878273_dsc02330.jpg

Just loving the CTX to bits, had a great little session the other day for about 2 1/2 hours, there was a couple of pennies and a half penny not in the shot. First Crown which blew me away.

Yeah I thought the signal had to be a can, got a very funny 01-42 to 10-42 target ID but with a load high tone, only dug as I had found other silver around it. Thought I had dug some super rare coin as I had never heard of a crown. Bloody near on an ounce.

Very few of them really circulated in Oz (pre-war, depression, etc) and most ended up in private collections so I was amazed to see that you found this one. Most that are around are in very good condition like yours, so it is a really great find. Now if you can find a 1938, then that will be an even greater find as they are more valuable again.

Rob.

PabloP said:
Very few of them really circulated in Oz (pre-war, depression, etc) and most ended up in private collections so I was amazed to see that you found this one. Most that are around are in very good condition like yours, so it is a really great find. Now if you can find a 1938, then that will be an even greater find as they are more valuable again.

Rob.

Yeah did a bit of research after finding it, its pritty worn on heads side and quite stained on the other. I lucked a 39 Florin in this area and it is the only reason I have stopped and put in the time otherwise never would of found it.

goldwright said:
PabloP said:

Rob.

Yeah did a bit of research after finding it, its pritty worn on heads side and quite stained on the other. I lucked a 39 Florin in this area and it is the only reason I have stopped and put in the time otherwise never would of found it.

But you will be going back there won't you, even if to prove that there are no more great finds?

Rob.

With those coins still sitting in the ground, I'd be going back and gridding up the area for more silver, congrats on the crown. :)

Latest posts