Bottle hunting in burned ground.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
We took a trip up to the remains of an old mill town that was burned out early last century.

1455115570_jarrah_regrowth.jpg

A month ago it burned again when lightning struck starting fires that took out nearly 100 homes and a lot of history in nearby Yarloop.

1455115826_new_blackboys.jpg

We were amazed by the recovery of the Jarrah trees and the Blackboys.

1455116008_blackboy_flowers.jpg

We stayed overnight and only heard a couple of birds but these flowers were covered with bees.

1455116123_p2070153.jpg

Anything that was still on the ground was melted or broken into fragments but with the ground clear it was easy to find the old rubbish piles.

1455116517_p2070124.jpg

I found these little bottles buried under a pile of ash where a log had been burned. We could see where the surface glass had melted and fused together.

1455116666_p2070128.jpg

Being a mill town we were not surprised to dig up an old adze and an axe head. There was not much left of the old beadhead but it's just nice to dig up a bit of history. Our only coin for the weekend was a half penny but we won't know the date until it's been cleaned up a bit.

Looks like Sandra needs to give her face a good clean. :D Nice work guys, you've netted a few decent bottles from amongst the ashes, and I see a couple of coins there in your pic, are they all pre-decimals? :)

Goldpick said:
Looks like Sandra needs to give her face a good clean. :D Nice work guys, you've netted a few decent bottles from amongst the ashes, and I see a couple of coins there in your pic, are they all pre-decimals? :)
That's what you call conservative feminine camouflage Gp. :D

silver said:
Goldpick said:
That's what you call conservative feminine camouflage Gp. :D
Comment removed owing to complaint. The Mod Squad...
Nice finds, black boys or more pc Xanthorea look amazing. From devastation come opportunity.

Latest posts