5 day trip for gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys im planning a 5 day trip for gold (ive never been before) going with some people just for a relax in the bush but would be good to get onto some, could anyone suggest a area within say 10 hours of brisbane? cheers :), shall report back with the findings

Glendon's at Warwick or the Prophet gold mine at Gympie both have camping facilities Glendon's on site and Kilkievan bush camping centre just down the road from the prophet mine.

Best of luck and enjoy your time out in the bush :)

ohk, sweet so these places are open to the public and all is needed is a prospecting license? cheers :)

hi zozimuo....depends what you want to do mate....if you want to pan only then i would definately reccomend kilkivan and the prophet mine....almost every pan has gold ranging from flour specks right up to .1 gram pieces with the occasional nugget (i have found a couple of 1-2 grammers) however i dont know what the facilities are like at the nearby camping area as i havent stayed there.

i have been to glendon in warwick.... awesome camp.... hot showers nice big open spaces....however the gold seems to be patchy. i was there for 4 days highbanking different sections and found under a gram for all the effort...others have found much more with less effort so i dunno.....however apparently it can be ok for detecting and the local durikai/talgai can be detecting areas also.....

good thing about glendons is there is alot of fossicking areas nearby to try and is an amazing campsite regardless of the gold

good thing about the mine at kilkivan is pretty much guaranteed minimum .2 grams of flour gold per day if u know how to pan then add in the occasional nugget u may get lucky...

just my opinion as ive been to both

oh and if u go to kilkivan u wont need a fossicking license if u just go to the mine
you will need a fossicking license at warwick

pm me if you would like any more information or have any questions mate happy to answer

Go Durika we stayed at Glendons at Xmas from camp ground go left drive about 4ks first gate on left once through the gate don't follow the more obvious road turn left keep going till you hit the rabbit fence go right slow about 600m down on right one car parking spot couple of logs down park walk straight ahead maybe 400m you will see old wash out with boulders got a 1.5g nugget at the start of the wash out some real good spots up the back, go were it looks like people don't want to go we ran out of time, there's a few good spots up the back walk in you cant get lost as you can here the traffic on the highway.
Best of luck

Latest posts