⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First day camping at Creswick and found my very first gold nugget panning!

Just a question though, do nuggets tend to cluster close together? I'll be going back to that spot and don't want to get my hopes up too much haha

Attachments

• IMG_20240828_165943.jpg
    IMG_20240828_165943.jpg
    4.3 MB
  • IMG_20240828_183009.jpg
    IMG_20240828_183009.jpg
    2.4 MB
First day camping at Creswick and found my very first gold nugget panning!
Just a question though, do nuggets tend to cluster close together? I'll be going back to that spot and don't want to get my hopes up too much haha
Very nice - congratulations. 👍

And yes, where you find a good one, there can certainly be more, with the best ones at the bottom. Keep digging!

Took a pic for you all when I emptied my snuffer bottle this morning. about 4grams of yellow and a few little sapphires, from a couple of halfassed days in northern nsw. Can't really see it in the pic but a lot of it has mercury on it, most is extremely fine.

29d04696256d833d0f7af9f949ee085a.jpg

DD
Nice find mate. I'm in Northern NSW on the border and have been looking for somewhere close to home as I've been travelling to Mudgee for the last 5 years where I found some good course gold. Obviously without saying where you found this can you give me a broad area that you know of and if you want to I can give you some info where I found it around Mudgee.