My XP Deus 2016 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Deus arrived today, thankyou Clegy aka Justin aka https://detectorist.com.au/
Went with the ws4 headphones, 11 inch coil, and remote. Spent a lot of time testing the 9inch coil also, which is a dream to swing....but decided the 11 punched deeper, and handled the trash almost as well...bugger all difference I reckon, and is still a nice weight to swing. Spent most of the time testing today with RJ, on a well flogged site. Very happy with the performance, hoping to squeeze more from it by tweaking the settings, and getting to know the thing.

1456976239_20160303_141743-1.jpg

1456976274_20160303_142135-1.jpg

Welcome to wireless mate! Had a good time and there must be heaps still in that park. Might go steal a few in the morning. Lol thanks for choosing a Deus I really appreciate it mate and trust you will have many fruitful hunts in the future.

Clegy

Sexy detector you have there Rocket. :) I think the 11" coil is a good choice, I like swinging the 11" on the CTX, you can cover plenry of ground with it which is half the battle in a big park.

I might get a smaller coil eventually for the CTX but I like the 11 as the best compromise between efficiency and target separation.

Onwards and upwards RKT,.... you'll be like a target digging threshing machine before you know it,... you'll be needing a conveyor belt to get all your finds to the car soon enough,... be like a mystery to obsevers as to how the stuff is coming out of the ground so fast with not a sign of ground disturbance,... finally at one with the hunt. :cool:

Congratulations on the new detector, time to have some fun playing with all those settings. ;)

Took me a couple of weeks to get my head around the various settings, there are some very good you tube clips from Gary's Detecting (user name Gardansolyn) that explain how you can get the best out of your Deus, and easy to follow tutorials on all the settings. :)

Improved by $4. and climbed the ladder of succes to a penny fron a half penny,.... next step I foresee for you RKT is SSSSSILVER. ;)

Goldpick said:
One minute it is a Deus famine, now we have a flood of them on here. :eek:

Should be good for Rocket and myself. We can learn from each other as we go. :D
Clegy was with us so we declared it a Deus field day. Probably never been more than 3 in use in one spot before in Australia. ;)

Latest posts