XP's first outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hit a beach this morning , not much on it so moved around to next one and found the patch at waters edge with small rocks and a little gravel. (Around 20mtr long x 5 mtr up to the dry)
Starting to get the hang of this very light machine , Was running hot program , although still a little noisy on waters edge.
Cheers
1465703871_image.jpg

Great start on the new detector, now you will be able to swing all day with such a light weight detector. Which coil did you end up going for? :)

Goldpick said:
Great start on the new detector, now you will be able to swing all day with such a light weight detector. Which coil did you end up going for? :)

G'day goldpick, I have the nine inch coil , should be good in the junk filled parks ect .
And the fast swing speed should cover the ground without going too slow.
Cheers

Don't swing fast....when I got the Deus I was covering so much ground by swinging fast, but my finds went down. Swing slowly, let the Deus pick out the deeper coins, the faint tones, and masked tones.....slow is better, even in low trash areas.

rocketaroo said:
Dont swing fast....when I got the deus I was covering so much ground by swinging fast, but my finds went down. Swing slowly, let the deus pick out the deeper coins, the feint tones, and masked tones.....slow is better, even in low trash areas.
Cheers for that , I've only had for a week so any info is a bonus.

webstertwin said:
rocketaroo said:
Dont swing fast....when I got the deus I was covering so much ground by swinging fast, but my finds went down. Swing slowly, let the deus pick out the deeper coins, the feint tones, and masked tones.....slow is better, even in low trash areas.
Cheers for that , I've only had for a week so any info is a bonus.

Agree with Rocket. Not too fast :D

Welcome to wireless Mate!

Good to see you out there getting a few finds, Thanks for the share and keep the pics coming.

Agree with the other lads that the slower swing works well, NOT Gold detector slow though and remember to knock that reactivity down if you can. The slower swing and lower reactivity will give you that bit extra depth.

Happy Hunting Mate.