Warialda and Tingha New England Area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey I'm in Armidale and wanted to go check out Warialda which I've only just read about, there's a few posts on the forums but they're from a while ago and the areas around here seem to have become private land so just wanted to know if there was any contacts out there for land owners or just any recent knowledge so I'm not winding up anywhere I shouldn't be.

I'll have to stop out at Tingha obviously from all the suggestions but that's another area that seems to have gone to a lot of private land as well.

I'm a University student and have my fossicking licence and always make sure to be respectful of the land I'm on and try to leave in the area in better shape than when I arrived.
I'm actually studying Zoology so it would be great meeting up with any landowners and locals in the area who also need any farm or animal work that had property I was allowed to explore on, not even to fossick just getting out in the bush around here and meeting locals has been a great experience for me so far.

If you want to fossick for gems and flour gold Uralla isn’t a bad area. The Rocky river is famous for its historical gold and gem finds.
There is a camp ground there right on the river which is free and a nice spot to spend some time

Latest posts