Vic supercell storms.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are truly frightening looking! :eek:
I'm glad I'm a safe distance away, over here on the left coast. 🌤️
They are sci fi looking stuff aren't they. Its like some Alien invasion movie scenes. Lady here we know said one friend from near Minyip got 50 mil in 20 minutes. Crazy as we are just 30 minutes from there and the weather was calm and warm and we just got a shower or two between 11pm and 1am.

They certainly are! Maybe it's just CGI? :)
Yeah I know what you mean. I reckon the pics were real but those taking them enhanced a bit. Colours. But the shapes iv seen in real life before.
Storm cells do look apocalyptic in real life, seen a number of them and I have some great friends in the US, Florida in particular in regards to storms, and some straight up pictures from recent hurricanes are frightening. After the hurricane other storm cells rolled in.
I have seen those circular cells in Central Vic. Maybe 20 yrs ago, one cut a swathe of destruction from Avoca across Campbeltown past Newstead where my late parents used to live. My parents house in Newstead, was ridiculously spared. Every huge 20 to 30 meter Gumtree around the house fell. But in criss cross. Tree to the left, tree to the right, house in tact between it all with just one gutter torn off. When I got there the next day I was dumbfounded they dodged the bullet as Id warned them for years "hey let's get these cut down". They really can and do look like that.

Latest posts