Todays Useless Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the encouragement Golddiggerart, I am feeling chuffed, yesterday I contacted someone and was given permission to detect. Was fairly reluctant to ask, but now I reckon I'll be asking every man and his dog. No holding me back.

i get tent pegs and bottle tops and wire so dont worry about it
i am sure it will change soon for you mate

Thanks Marksman, funny I never find wire, that would be a change from the cans & bottle tops, don't forget the 1 cents.

I was out in the middle of no where one day and mine screamed its head off my heart skipped a beat
Started digging pick hit something hard i thought my luck had changed
Started scratching like a dog after a bone and found about 2ft of 8 guage fencing wire rolled into a ball
Funny thing was there were no fences within Ks of where i was
Still at least i found something :8

Should see all the junk I find..... I only really post pics of the good stuff I find. I started out pretty slow at first too, takes some time to find good spots.

Heads up. :D
1504668918_images-2.jpg

1504668753_images-1.jpg

1504668784_images.jpg

1504668818_images-1.jpg

1504668839_images-2.jpg

1504668875_images-3.jpg

So,.... looking like this is possible as long as you manage to come at it just right hey !
:Y: :p :Y:
1504668957_images-4.jpg

Had permission to detect in a private back yard. The lovely elderly owner sat watch from an upstairs window pretty much the whole time. I guess they have a right to as its their home. I did feel limited in using my shovel. Found only junk, good thing was the soil was soft & easy to dig.
Be interested hear from others experience like this.

Thanks Golddiggerart, it's tricky to say you are looking for old coins, my finds are junk anyway. Maybe I'll start researching for gold fossicking. Being a middle aged female I'm a bit reluctant to "go bush" by myself.

GreenRiver said:
Thanks Golddiggerart, it's tricky to say you are looking for old coins, my finds are junk anyway. Maybe I'll start researching for gold fossicking. Being a middle aged female I'm a bit reluctant to "go bush" by myself.

I can understand that....Maybe there is someone that can go out with ya on the forum? There are a lot of awesome people on here. :) :Y:

Latest posts