the new spot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just got back from the new spot and scored a bit of a mixed bag.
not cleaned yet but i have
1 penny
1 shilling
1 sixpence
4 threepence's
a ring that looks a lot older than me and in very poor nick but i think its gold
and i think the chain off a pocket watch complete with the little jiggers on each end
the chain is heavy too so maybe silver ????????????? dont know
a button
and the newest curse in this spot .22 cases
johno
including a pic of the grass i am faced with , some parts a worse than the pic with no chance of swingin .
1532936814_20180730_152313_resized.jpg

1532936828_20180730_170739_resized.jpg

Funny not swinging just pushing around,but still silver and gold (?)

That site is the thickest I have seen anyone detecting in :eek: and all those .22 shorts.

Top result :Y:

got chance to clean up the last haul been a bit busy . the watch chain and the ring are still in soaking but so sure now they are anything special . anyway here are the cleaned silvers from my 3rd swing at this spot .geez i would love to mow this area but that would be a dead give away probably best i just battle on maybe hack a few tufts down here and there with a machete or some thing .anyone know what those old watch chains were normally made from ????
johno
1533081837_20180801_094714_resized.jpg
1533081852_20180801_094805_resized.jpg

its about 7.5 inches long and is 18.38 grams as is with the bits on the end .
johno

cut and paste this into ebay its as close as i can find will keep looking

Antique Sterling silver albert pocket watch guard chain & FOB 1900 Henry Bourne

You didn't clean those coins :eek: you must have bought them from the mint

No human could do that,way too good :party:

Super sweet {)

Top quality coins! I'd dig up a hundred 22 shells for one in that condition!

Very Nice coin cleaning technique! I thought that chain was convict relic, but It`s Silver 925 jewelry yes? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Very nice one!

That's the sort of detecting site I like, remote and grassy :D Wait a minute, are you from Qld? :eek:
Nice haul of silver swag.Good to see an old Shilling that is NOT from 1917

well i didnt fair so well this time , hope i havnt got them all already . for just over 2 hours i got quite a haul of scrap metal including a few rabbit trap parts that seem to be spread around ,i did get a shot gun shell end i have found heaps of them but this one is not so common round here its a 16 gauge.
anyway in the good stuff department i got 1 sixpence and 3 x threepences .
johno
1533194189_20180802_170725_resized.jpg

Latest posts