Selling gold (Kalgoorlie/Boulder)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where can i sell my gold?iam at Kalgoorlie atm and needing to buy 5 tyres for my car,before i travel
4000k back to Qld.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can i sell my gold?iam at Kalgoorlie atm and needing to buy 5 tyres for my car,before i travel
4000k back to Qld.?

I've found that we get the best and most reliable service from the Perth Mint Refinery near the Perth airport. It's a long way from Kalgoorlie but one of the reasons is that they will take all that gold that looks stained or is contaminated with quartz and iron and still pay the real gold and silver value. Some of the dealers will rip you off on anything that's not a nice looking clean nugget. You do pay a processing fee, $270 last time, but that's a lot less than you loose selling to a third party as long as you have a reasonable amount to sell. There are rumors of serious money laundering by some dealers buying your gold with dirty money (cash) then they sell it on to the refinery getting legitimate payment for their gold. I refuse to support their criminal activity even if it costs me a few dollars to do so.

If the worst happens on your return trip I'm heading in the opposite direction starting out from Ipswich in a day or so. Message me if you need assistance along the way but I'll be travelling slowly.

I've found that we get the best and most reliable service from the Perth Mint Refinery near the Perth airport. It's a long way from Kalgoorlie but one of the reasons is that they will take all that gold that looks stained or is contaminated with quartz and iron and still pay the real gold and silver value. Some of the dealers will rip you off on anything that's not a nice looking clean nugget. You do pay a processing fee, $270 last time, but that's a lot less than you loose selling to a third party as long as you have a reasonable amount to sell. There are rumors of serious money laundering by some dealers buying your gold with dirty money (cash) then they sell it on to the refinery getting legitimate payment for their gold. I refuse to support their criminal activity even if it costs me a few dollars to do so.

If the worst happens on your return trip I'm heading in the opposite direction starting out from Ipswich in a day or so. Message me if you need assistance along the way but I'll be travelling slowly.
I admire your honesty ,Thank you for the thumbs up,in the pass I used Peter beck SA,.Just not sure if I have enough gold to send to them.Ill be hanging around Kal for a while anyway.Thank you kindly

The first time you sell to the refinery you have to fill out some paperwork inhouse after that all transactions can be done by post.

Latest posts