revisited

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thought i would give my new spot a rest and went back to my old spot and i think it produced better than the new spot is ( hope that makes sense it did to me ).
anyway for about an hour and 3/4s i got a bent halfpenny ,a florin ( love those things :Y: ) ,a shilling ,and 7 threepences 1 of which is also bent .plus of course a nice selection of assorted scrap metal . i dug half way to china in very dry hard ground for one of those bits of sundry scrap :N: .
might not get a chance to clean these up until tomorrow not sure yet cos i am going to make some pork and apple sausages tonight :p .

johno
1533800131_20180809_172559_resized.jpg

I am amazed at the amount of ammunition related rubbish that people pick up with their machines. Anyone would think that a great battle had been fought all over the land, including in all the towns and parks.

Whisp said:
I am amazed at the amount of ammunition related rubbish that people pick up with their machines. Anyone would think that a great battle had been fought all over the land, including in all the towns and parks.
Let's just say I'd hate to be a duck 100 years ago!

Whisp said:
They might not have been towns and parks then. We used to shoot in paddocks and creeks only 7 km from central Melbourne, in what are now considered inner suburbs. There were far less restrictions on guns, and far less people to get hurt.

The silver ratio on your site is pretty damned good, usually it's more coppers than silvers when it comes to predecs - well done. :Y:

That dust with your nice s-crap collection is so fine even industrial looking 8) the Great South Land is very very dry :8

But saying that,a cool amount of silvers :party:

Worth the effort :Y:

well i made some sausages but i made the rookie mistake of not prepping enough hog casings so i will have to prep some more and stuff the rest tomorrow either that or make the rest into rissoles . the latter might be easier i think .
johno.

well what a bugger that bent halfpenny is a 1939 i have straightened it but it still has a crease where the bend was .
johno

and again this arvo . more scrap and less good stuff this time for my 2 hours and no larger silvers either.
1 x 10c , 2 x brown buggers . 1 x sixpence ( missed out on a sixpence's yesterday ) and 5 x threepence .
johno
crikey those tarp eyelets sound like a good coin the mongrels .
1533886198_20180810_172240_resized.jpg

Geez, someone must have been running around with a pocket full of thrips at that site, still getting good results. I know what you mean about those tarp rings, they can be a pain.

i surely have found a few of em over the last few years , and they are reportedly the hardest to find but it seems they are the easiest to lose as well , wish i had found this many florins but alas no where near as many florins or shillings as these little tackers .
johno
1533889056_20180810_180813_resized_1.jpg

Latest posts