Refining problem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That isn't how forums work, mate. If you want to avoid sounding like a potential time-waster, I suggest you provide some details about the nature of your problem, so that members can decide whether or not they may want to help.
Ok so I learnt sort of to refine scrap jewellery and crushed quarts I kept making a mess n losing everything with aqua regia so I switched to Capel method .. I only get 15 carat which is enough but problem was I wasted about 800 grams of good gold stuck in the wrong cement and borax and crap it’s like a super cement now n I can’t get the gold back as I’m too inexperienced so the contact I need is to help not to criticise or anything on the forum.. I’m a super fast learner and committed just no one’s showed me from start I’ve self taught through google and youtube

That isn't how forums work, mate. If you want to avoid sounding like a potential time-waster, I suggest you provide some details about the nature of your problem, so that members can decide whether or not they may want to help.
If no one wants to help it’s all good it was worth a try thanks guys

I know nothing about smelting but I've been watching this bloke a bit and he has quite a few vids on processes, flux recipes etc https://www.youtube.com/@mbmmllc
Ok so I learnt sort of to refine scrap jewellery and crushed quarts I kept making a mess n losing everything with aqua regia so I switched to Capel method .. I only get 15 carat which is enough but problem was I wasted about 800 grams of good gold stuck in the wrong cement and borax and crap it’s like a super cement now n I can’t get the gold back as I’m too inexperienced so the contact I need is to help not to criticise or anything on the forum.. I’m a super fast learner and committed just no one’s showed me from start I’ve self taught through google and youtube
if your gold is all stuck in the slag then most likely you were too cold. That stops the gold melting properly and makes the flux too viscous for the tiny droplets of gold to rain thru to make the ingot in a puddle at the bottom.

wrap the slag brick in a rag, smash it up well. Dolly it finer, if you have one.

Add borax at 25%w/w of your original total flux weight and smelt for 3 hrs as hot as you can get it, min 1250C

After 1hr if you stir the top of the flux with a DRY clean steel rod it should be bright and runny under whatever crud is floating. If not you are prob way too cold still.

dont stir rapidly or deep else you will just stir the slag into the gold.