Newbie Ace 250 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I unpacked my Ace 250 today and decided to give it a quick spin in the front yard for about 15 minutes. I managed to find a scrap piece of metal of some sort, a 10c piece and an old key. Not bad for a first time user.
I will see how I go at some parks tomorrow.

Welcome aboard Brewnut.
You have a great little unit ... and with patience and persitance you will be well rewarded
Looking forward to reading of your outings ;)
And pictures ... We all love pictures :p

Reminds me of when I put the X-terra together under the house, walked outside and my first find was 10cents, OH what a feeling for a beginner.

Cheers, DD

The home is always a good place to learn your detectors capability before heading into the field, and as Silver mentioned, also a good place to try out your coin recovery techniques. Bury a few different coins and junk targets so you know what to listen for on the Ace. Best of luck on your detecting. :)

No problems thanks for the early advice. Yep I have been trying to keep my recovery holes as small as possible but I have quite sandy soil at my place so it makes trying to dig a small plug difficult. I will keep practicing though.
These are the items I found first time out in the front yard.
1424568705_image.jpg

So I took my Ace 250 to the playground over the road to give it a quick swing. I managed half N hour or so before leaving. Entry of hits most around 4 - 6 inches. Most of them were junk, with foil being the main culprit. I only managed one 5 cent piece :( . There is still plenty of park left to cover though.
1424590138_image.jpg

rocketaroo said:
All the nasties in that photo, digging them is good exercise though!

Yep I was quite surprised at how strong the signals were for the small bits of foil. I have been using the all metal mode to get used to what makes what noises and at what notches on the ace. Lots of digging for me at the moment.

Ramjet said:
Good practice too. You learn as you go. 50 to 100 hours to learn a new detector. Keep at it :D
So only about another 49hrs then till I become proficient at not finding trash ;)

Thanks RJ , im having a slow time of it at the moment, follow RJs advice BN AND Keep an eye out for settingr and technique.

Latest posts