Nerrina

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

looking at heading out Nerrina in the next few days can anyone please tell me if the tracks are ok for a 2wd car its my biggest barrier in finding places to go
starting to ran out of accessible spots to get to hoping Nerrina will be ok for my next few trips. Also is best access from the school end?

Thanks

If the track is on a map or GPS, it is usually ok. Doesn't take much to look, try and reverse if too hard. From what I've seen a lot are ok. Have a look at Shane Oz's Youtube video list, he has several on the Nerrina area some driving. :)

Hi Stevenj48, I've detected around there a bit and usually after work. I have the same issue with my work van and have found that sticking to Glen Park Rd to be the best, either come in from the school end or you can come in from White Swan Rd, the tracks coming off Glen Park Rd start off ok but get a bit sketchy the further in you go, I've had my Landcruiser in there to check out some tracks and there's no way I'd be taking a 2wd down them. That's just my 2c worth.
Shane O drives a Nissan Navara 4x4.
I just park my van near Nuggety Dam, the Transmission lines or at the school and leg it in, there's still good access to worked areas not far from the main track, if you use Geovic to bring up the workings detail and select transmission lines also as there are 2 sets running through the area, they can be a hinderance or your friend depending on your tactic for that day. I've had success working with the HV lines and away from them.

Good luck and if in doubt about a track just go for a 10 minute walk down it first as it may save you hours trying to get back out, or may be good and worth the walk :Y:

1609465091_20210101_123556_copy_756x1008.jpg

Nearly 2 hours digging this ba$tard 18" down. And I thought it was the big one!

At least my coils work as they should.

Was also great to catch up with stevenj48 who helped with his pinpointer.

Thunderstorms have driven us out for today.

The only time I get disappointing after a day prospecting is if I don't dig any targets (it's happening more often lately). I'd say this is a good day out, your experience will help you in the future when you do come across that 1000 oz nugget. Dig them all!

Case and point - last week trying out my new lead pellet detector (7000) - the day went - dig pellet - gear up after the dig, 1 foot later, pellet, gear up after the dig, 2 feet later....hmmmm, sounds exactly like another pellet? Should I just move on?.... dig dig dig. Find what looks like half a rusty nail, then I rub it a little..... and 0.26 yellow! Then I rake and scrape and dig up 6 more pellets before moving on. Lesson learned, knowledge acquired - I'm happy.

fwdoz said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1609465091_20210101_123556_copy_756x1008.jpg

Nearly 2 hours digging this ba$tard 18" down. And I thought it was the big one!

At least my coils work as they should.

Was also great to catch up with stevenj48 who helped with his pinpointer.

Thunderstorms have driven us out for today.
The positive thing is that you found it, for all the detectors that have been over that area you managed to find it with your settings and coil, that's a winner if you ask me, imagine if there's a good Nugget or three laying down at those depths :Y:

Went back this arvo. Even though the storms had gone, ground noise was up.

Dug a 1/2" nail at 10".

I know my setup is right & I am finding what others have not. The next one could be yellow.

Persistence will pay off.