my latest finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This afternoon I went out for a quick one. A spot I have found most of my silvers. Very little junk. Mostly silver coins . I didn't make it to my honey hole my trip was cut short. And the latest storm has seen trees displaced everywhere . Anyway I was making my way back and got a confident signal. Out popped my oldest coin find. 1910 six pence. Looking forward to returning
1465794297_20160613_145526_crop_460x460.jpg
1465794317_20160613_145515_crop_460x460.jpg

Dig in then, looking like it could end up bei g very lucrative for you. :p
Nice looking eddie, could come up shining nicely. ;)

S&V for a few minutes should let you know if there is a S&V solution to it ,... usually I do that for full encrustation ,... if you get some fallaway in the first two minutes then it should be a goa. ;)

Electrolysis would have been my go to method but have no soap crystals or whatever it's called. It looks to be dropped in mint condition however the corrosion has been stubborn. Vineger salt didn't do much I've got it in citric acid now then will try bicarb . Hoping it doesn't come out ugly as the detail is vg

Wow that's a long time. I wonder what would happen if it went into electrolysis after that long. I imagine when you found that coin it was completely encrusted ?

Yeah I put in quite a few, mostly copper though to see how things fare over time. ;)

treasureman said:
Electrolysis would have been my go to method but have no soap crystals or whatever it's called. It looks to be dropped in mint condition however the corrosion has been stubborn. Vineger salt didn't do much I've got it in citric acid now then will try bicarb . Hoping it doesn't come out ugly as the detail is vg

It should do the trick, sometimes they need an overnight soak in the citric acid.

Thanks for your help guys .
I got bored and impatient and there are a few silvers that haven't had any treatment so tonight is the night
1465808242_20160613_185447_crop_658x543.jpg

treasureman said:
Thanks for your help guys .
I got bored and impatient and there are a few silvers that haven't had any treatment so tonight is the nighthttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3793/1465808242_20160613_185447_crop_658x543.jpg

it will come out with a rough surface as the EC will eat it.

Still a nice keepsake for, from your younger days of detecting talks with the great grandchildren one day ! :D