MADTUNAS COOKER ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello

I`m newby here in forum. Joined today for a question, I hve not get answer else. First to history. I met mister Madtuna five years ago at Laverton area. Hved wonderful six weeks with him and his mates around Laverton fields. Daily in bush trips mister Madtuna cooked water for tea or coffee with a mysterious (to me) cooker, kettle!
It was a cooker that the fire made inside the kettle, and the waterspace was surraunding the firespace. Was not necossity make bigger open fire cooking couple liter water. Water boiled in few minutes! Just little dry hay and dry twicks inside and hot fire was ready.

Sure I heard the name or mark of cooker, but forgotten it. You aussies sure knows this cooker Planning couple months trip now to WA and this cooker could be nice to have with.
Madtuna sure regonize me, if You read this. Would nice to meet again.
(excuse my english)

Regards One Ounce For

Hi mate,

welcome to the forum.

It's a 'Kelly Kettle' I got it from Ireland a bunch of years ago. I'm pretty sure there is an Australian distributor now but there wasn't back then.
Still use it pretty much daily and feel nude with out it...in fact often use it while nude :D

Still here in WA and still looking for the shiny stuff. Let me know when you're over and we'll endeavour to meet up.

Regards,
Steve

That's the Eco Billy, mate - boils water in a jiffy with just a few twigs for fuel. They come in a large and a small size - any camping goods store should have them.

1501762034_eb.jpg

Hate to be a let down but I think now
we are going to find a heap of copies. 8) 8)
Besides. It works on a design that is from
from the country that you may come from. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hello

I`m newby here in forum. Joined today for a question, I hve not get answer else. First to history. I met mister Madtuna five years ago at Laverton area. Hved wonderful six weeks with him and his mates around Laverton fields. Daily in bush trips mister Madtuna cooked water for tea or coffee with a mysterious (to me) cooker, kettle!
It was a cooker that the fire made inside the kettle, and the waterspace was surraunding the firespace. Was not necossity make bigger open fire cooking couple liter water. Water boiled in few minutes! Just little dry hay and dry twicks inside and hot fire was ready.

Sure I heard the name or mark of cooker, but forgotten it. You aussies sure knows this cooker Planning couple months trip now to WA and this cooker could be nice to have with.
Madtuna sure regonize me, if You read this. Would nice to meet again.
(excuse my english)

Regards One Ounce For

grubstake said:
That's the Eco Billy, mate - boils water in a jiffy with just a few twigs for fuel. They come in a large and a small size - any camping goods store should have them.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1501762034_eb.jpg

Reckon you are spot on Mr DJ ;)

As long as they work and last at least one "camping trip", then they are ok......aren't they???? ;) :eek:

I do like the invention though :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

Thanks mates!

Kelly Kettle coming. 1,1 litr. Total price to Perth 124.00 AUD.

Thanks Madtuna too. Will send privat email next week. We comes 19.8. to Perth. Mates car needs some clutchservice/repearing. Also other things takes few days to handle. So it`s maby next weekend we will set our noses to northeast (Laverton)

Regards One Ounce

Latest posts