Kilkivan Detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I see Kilkivan lights up on the Trilobite app, anyone keen to meet up and detect out there or offer any advice on detecting in that area?

Thanks, I did find this thread, its 2014 but the first post was helpful. I am having difficulty trying to figure out what is private property and mining leases, it would be nice to explore Mt Boo Boo but maybe its off limits.

Thanks, I did find this thread, its 2014 but the first post was helpful. I am having difficulty trying to figure out what is private property and mining leases, it would be nice to explore Mt Boo Boo but maybe its off limits.
It's a pretty tricky area for detecting, as noted in the following comments from a fellow mod with first-hand experience in the locality:
XLOOX:
The gold bearing areas in Kilkivan are nearly all in private land, and in the gnarlier bits to boot. There is a lovely caravan park - Kilkivan Bush Caravan Park - right in the middle of the gold area so there are lots of travellers & it is true that there is a fair bit of trespass that occurs and landowners are rightly pissed off. And without doubt it isnt just travellers trespassing but "locals" as well.
Some landowners are not helping themselves either by putting up illegal Road Closed or Private Road signs on public roads.
Personally, I think you may be better off finding somewhere that's simpler to legally access.

Latest posts