History passed on

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Over the last year or so I've regularly helped out and chatted with an elderly lady around once a week. A little while ago upon asking what I'd be doing for the day I had told her about some predecs I had been cleaning after detecting them. Her interest was immediate and almost every time since she's always wanted to see what I've found for the week, mostly I've shown her the photos and presented the really nice ones. She had told me some truly wonderful stories all based on the dates and tips of coins, I'm not sure I modern times we have the bond with these as that generation did. As circumstances have changed our final time of helping her her had arrived and she took the time to give me a small token of her appreciation. Just being able to give someone help to continue in an active life is reward enough but she wanted to give something back. Four items she handed me she wanted me to have.
1414354345_img_20141027_065817.jpg

1414354432_img_20141027_065834.jpg
1414354451_img_20141027_065849.jpg
1414354478_img_20141027_065903.jpg

Thought being so varied someone else might enjoy a pic. It was a nice gesture and will remind me of her now or time has come to pass.

That was very considerate of her, she was obviously very appreciative of your company. Is the third pic a victory medal? :)

Goldtarget, very good of you to give this lady a bit of your time some thing that we don't seem to do any more. I agree with the duck, karma. Good on you.

Cheers,DD

Goldpick said:
That was very considerate of her, she was obviously very appreciative of your company. Is the third pic a victory medal? :)
Yes mate it is. 1919 school issue. The others are penny (obv), peace and plenty token 1859, and 1937 coronation medallion also school issue.

Latest posts