Hi all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just joined and want to say hi, names Steve and I'm from the Port Stephens area.

I bought a Garrett 400i and had my first go yesterday on Stockton beach. Scored a grand total of 35c plus a 1944 penny and another coin too covered in corrosion to see what it is. Interesting find was a rail wheel from what I assume is a coal cart from the old Stockton Colliery which closed in 1908.

I didn't think it would be that much of a workout, I ache from the thighs up but will have another go today to play with discrimination etc. I developed a fast hatred of the slag from the old BHP that litters the beaches here. It's all good exercise though and I need it hey.

Cheers

Welcome to PA Steve ...... not everyone chases gold and it's good to see you're in a great location for chasing pre-decimals and other beach treasures, good luck,
Cheers T.

Thanks guys, had another go today for another 35 cents and an id tag for a dog named Max.

I should change my user name to "Max=(3X+V)"

Latest posts