Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just introducing myself. I got into gold prospecting by accident. I took my kids to the Gold Rush Colony tourist centre in Mogo. I thought they might like it, I didn't really think much of it. That was until I had a go at panning! I found I really enjoyed it, and that finding that little bit of gold was pretty cool. I was dragged out hours later by my bored family.

Since then I have had a fly-by 1 hour visit to Grabben Gullen. I have also spent a few more hours out at Tuena.

I haven't found much, I think a few tiny garnets (?) from Grabben Gullen and a few specs of gold from Tuena. But finding that stuff was a buzz, that's for sure.

I don't really have much of an idea, but looking through this forum and watching youtube will hopefully help.

Here's hoping my next trip (Tuena) might get me a little bit of gold.

I'll try to keep the gold-bug at bay, but looking at the home-made sluices and reading about people's trips has got me going.

Catch you later.

Welcome Brendomac.
There's a few on her from the Illawarra region, myself from Oak Flaks. I'm always keen for a trip to Tuena or Oallen its just trying to get away from work that is the problem. If your ever planning a trip just put a post on here with dates, location etc, there's always someone who's keen to join you and share some knowledge.

welcome to PA, i am also from the illawarra, as Colour blind said post up when and where if you are keen for company and there is usually someone out and about willing to join

Thanks Colour Blind and Jamie. I really appreciated the offer. I'll be doing my quick trip to Tuena soon, but after that, it sounds like a great idea. Oallen looks to be a good day-trip site for Illawarra & Sydney residents too. I'm off to do the bunnings/Clark Rubber/Masters rounds now to look for ingredients for my first bunnings sluice. I imagine that Tuena Creek might not have a flow fast enough for a river sluice, unless I get into pumps etc? Not to worry though, its all part of the fun. I've got my pans at the very least.

Latest posts