Hello from Adelaide!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, what a great forum you have got!! I have just got myself my first modern detector here in Australia, I used to knock about with a rock and mineral club in NZ as a kid and later on in life owned a couple of old cheap detectors. I lived in the UK for 10years and made it out to the Jurassic coast a couple of times. This is the first time I've had time to be semi serious about getting out for a fossick and this forum looks like a wealth of info! I managed to get a minelab x terra 705 duel pack for $700 new from anaconda thanks to their 30% of any full priced item promo I had wanted one for a while but was just out of my price range so with the discount I jumped at the chance! I look forward to learning loads and seeing how everyone else gets on out in the field!

Regards Ron.

Welcome to the forum! what are you looking for, gold or relics?

I had the 705 and found it a bit difficult up at Jupiter creek due to too much mineralisation but it wasn't the dual pack, hopefully the added coil helps that a bit!

Tom

hi ron mark here from the Adelaide hills I have also bought a detector garrett ATX great unit the iron check is great :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Welcome Ron and Nugget777, good to see some more croweaters frequenting the forum. Jupiter Creek and Chapel Hill can be a chore if you are not familiar with distinguishing between hot rocks and non-ferrous targets, the area is strewn with them. Much more ground to explore at Mt Crawford, minus the thick scrub and hundreds of dangerous hidden shafts. Best of luck guys. :)

Latest posts