Gold and silver

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A good hunt today with Jas, a couple of firsts for me.

1455006896_098_800x600.jpg

1455006921_099_800x600.jpg

1455006947_097_800x600.jpg

My first sixpence and my first shilling. Both coming out of the same hole, which was an excellent start. The earlier sixpence coming a little later just before a bunch of cars decided they needed to all park where we were detecting??

This is the days total for me. The penny is a commy 1912.

1455007074_096_800x600.jpg

Happy hunting!!

Nice hunt Dan. :D
If you take separate closeup clear photos of your primo coin finds with just enough meat left in the photos to cut them down to size on your camera you end up with clear shots of dazzling beauty(most times) to upload onto the forum,.... I know you've had some really good photos on here before,.... not picking at all,.... I love your silver as much as you do I'm sure,.... just sharing some of my knowledge(even I have awkward camera shot days) with you.
Your shilling and 1956 6d look like they may clean up nicely with a CAB too. :p
Cheers
Silver. :D

I usually go the same size as my target again ,... each side and below and I find that when I do the cut down on my camera to 2.0 they upload onto the forum as an acceptable size to not be rejected for too many pixels but still retain great detail for a zoom in for viewers and pretty much fill the photo area Dan. :D

Firsts just make the silver all that more exciting doesn't it. :p
I've still got my Mums first detected silver threepence here somewhere too. :D

Congrats on reaching a couple of detecting milestones, pretty handy number of goldies to boot as well. :)

Top hunt there dan. Shame about the traffic. Next time you might have to start early Find where they gathered in numbers back in the old days & you will find old coins Good luck. Cheers. Dave.

Latest posts