Gidday

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Very New to this - been interested since my Uncle took me on a trip to his mine as a kid.

Currently I only own a pan.

Would like some advice on what to purchase so I can take my kids (8yr old twins) out for a look.
Not looking for gear to make a fortune - It must however be of a suitable quality to keep the kids interested and fan the passion I have transposed to them.

Do not wish to spend all day on adjustments as the kids need a lot of attention.

All or any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers Mick

Warwick Qld

Gday Mick
Probably just some fuel in the car and head a few hours south of the border at places in and around Inverell.
Some areas there are pay and play with their own sieves or maybe purchase a couple yourself if you're into minerals and gems as it seems to keep kids interested.
As for the gold sorry I'm still a newbie to offer any help but at least you are in the right location.
Cheers the Gem

Cool. Thank you Gemini - Sound great - will give Inverell & Surrounds a Google.

Thank you for the welcome Jaros

Was in B.C.F yesterday and they had cheap minelabs for $100 that may be good for kids. No idea what they work like but might might be worth checking out . Welcome to the site.

Old Fred said:
Was in B.C.F yesterday and they had cheap minelabs for $100 that may be good for kids. No idea what they work like but might might be worth checking out . Welcome to the site.
I lied .The Minelab Go-find 20 worth $199 abd the 40 is $299 at bcf

Latest posts