Equinox 800 vs. Nokta Makro Kruzer - What are the main differences, pros and cons?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i own a garrett ace 400 and really want to get something better to go gold prospecting in the az desert looking for small "tiny" nuggets, small pickers (and big ones if they exist) or small gold specimens in rocks (the area has a lot of black sand and is well mineralized) AND I also would like to take the same detector to (both) lake and ocean sand beaches to look for coins and treasures left by humans there in the sand and in the water just up to 3fft deep. I know near nothing about the Equinox 800 (except that it is a multi frequency machine that is capable of finding tiny gold) and would love some help comparing these to the Makro Kruzer (which seems to be more specialized in prospecting but can also still find other things on a beach, and is cheaper to purchase).

Edit: I read some discussions about these here and elsewhere but they were from the early 2020s.. I am looking for updated info and what things are like today for both these machines the Equinox vs Kruzer. I have seen people being very happy with Kruzer for finding small gold while prospecting (similar to the GM1000). I could use my Garett400 for the beach, and the Equinox/Kruzer for prospecting IF that seems like a better choice.

Also, as far as prices I am finding more options to buy a used the Nox at a lower price than Kruzer when i look at used machines.

What are the differences and pros vs cos for the Nox 800 and Kruzer?

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts