Detecting an old pub

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
After a lot of time and research, I finally found an old pub I had been looking for' spent a couple of days there didn't find much but what I did was quality.
So very happy.
I don't know about everyone else but I enjoy the researching as much as I do the detecting always a thrill when you finally find the spot.

1538558875_20181002_123827.jpg

research is everything :Y:

it is why i don't post everything :Y:

good things come to those that put effort in :cool:

not glean information from others ]:D

i like your work :cool:

It's taken me awhile, ive finally learnt that lesson , not to mention sharing good sites with people i thought were friends , that never return the favor when they have somewhere nice to search.........live and learn.

ctxkid said:
research is everything :Y:

it is why i don't post everything :Y:

good things come to those that put effort in :cool:

not glean information from others ]:D

i like your work :cool:

That's a nice find. I've heard first hand from an old timer about people weighing their gold in an old pub in NSW. He told me they would get back from a week in the field and celebrate only to spill and drop gold in large cracks between the floor boards. One day I'll ask if I can get in there and have a sniff about. Years and years of shenanigans went on at this place!

Skip said:
That's a nice find. I've heard first hand from an old timer about people weighing their gold in an old pub in NSW. He told me they would get back from a week in the field and celebrate only to spill and drop gold in large cracks between the floor boards. One day I'll ask if I can get in there and have a sniff about. Years and years of shenanigans went on at this place!
if ya need a hand skip, i'm ya man :Y:

Sounds very promising skip I would be all over that if I was you good luck with it.

Skip said:

ctxkid said:
Johnson1987c said:
Thats incredible! Researching is one of my favourite parts :)

Christina
:heart: yep
researching is learning :cool:

Yeah and just like you said, its always awesome when you pinpoint the area and get to go there for the very first time. :inlove:

Old pub sites must rate up there as one of the more exciting sites to detect - if you can locate them. Very nice find Trev, hopefully you can get onto some coinage. :Y:

Latest posts