Board Soldiers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Started at a new site on the weekend and found quite a few silvers and pennies, a US 1 cent and a 1942 US Dime but also a cut up Florin, a Florin that had the centre taken out of it, a shilling that had been rolled up and had it's edges pushed up and pennies that have appeared to be used as target practice.
1446632615_20151104_201457.jpg
1446632635_20151104_201440.jpg
1446632653_20151104_201419.jpg
1446632668_20151104_201248.jpg

Plenty of goodies coming in gw(lots of silvers),... great photos too,... looks like something you should record all the details of and tuck away for the future, all the when wheres hows and whys of it all would make a great story to go with those finds(tucked away and hidden in the back of a frame for now) with all those finds mounted on display in a nice wall frame,.... that way the story and the details will remain with it(still hidden till you clean it out properly) for someone in the future to find(you never know, it could end up in a war museum one day).great finds. :D

Thanks guys, first site up here where there was more silvers than pennies. Very unusual coin patch with very little rubbish, think I dug 10 silvers in a row with no other tones. My old boy dug a florin from under a three pence I dug out and didn't check the hole before filling in, wont do that again.

Paulmarr said:
Goldpick said:
Looks like some sort of trench art to me, a very lucrative spot indeed, well done. :)

As we know there weren't any trenches on home soil so .... How about barrack art? ?

Barrack art likely........

NB: schools and military facillities in Melbourne metro and outlying suburbs all had trenches away from the buildings to serve as air raid shelters - probably same for all australian population areas..

casper

Latest posts